Development DirectorCompany: CLNkids (Cuidando Los Ninos)
Date Posted: March 13, 2018
Supervisory Duties: Responsible for coordination and supervision of all program volunteers
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours: Will consider fulltime or part time employment, with the understanding that occasional nights and weekends will be required.
Summary: Develops, coordinates and implements a comprehensive fund development program to meet CLNkids resource needs including fundraising and in-kind contributions and marketing. Works under the direction of the Executive Director and CLNkids Fundraising Committee to accomplish goals.
Person needs to be sensitive to the needs of homeless persons and the complexity of services CLNkids offers in an effort to stabilize their lives and reconnect them to housing and to become self-sustaining.
Person needs to be philosophically and professionally supportive of the need to develop resources that “fit” with the vision and mission of CLNkids.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., communications, marketing, planning, public health or administration, etc.), Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in a mix of development areas, including ability to close large private gifts and obtain event sponsorships.
- Experience in program planning, implementation, management and evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong public speaking and group process/facilitation abilities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once-- including special events and on-going solicitation of corporate and institutional donors.
- Able to work well with a variety of people, ranging from corporate leaders to people who are homeless.
- Ability to meet fundraising goals through identifying prospects, developing strategies leading to solicitations, and stewarding major donors.
- Responsible for public appearances, and on-going maintenance of donor database.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish desirable
- Able to work collaboratively with the Social Media Director, and as a good team-member in general.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
A. Development planning
With Executive Director, Fundraising Committee and other Board/staff, responsible for developing, implementing and tracking an annual fund development plan. Plan is specifically based on the budget and anticipated needs of the organization.
B. Annual and Special Campaigns
Develops and tracks CLNkids annual holiday donor appeal and Breakfast fundraiser and other donor-related activities, including donor solicitation and recognition and special campaigns as identified with committees in the development planning process. Utilizes and maintains computerized information system of donor files for strategic analysis and reporting purposes.
C. Corporate and Community Relations
Responsible for building relationships in the community through public awareness and education activities for community groups, businesses and professional groups, corporate sponsors, etc. with the goal of creating financial stakeholders in the agency.
Responsible for coordinating special events including the Annual Breakfast Fundraiser and other events identified in the development planning process.
E. Planned Giving
Develops a CLNkids planned giving program.
F. Volunteer Management System
Volunteer Coordination and management. Recruits, schedules, orients and tracks volunteer support. Coordinates and communicates with staff regarding needs that volunteers can support.
G. Evaluation and monitoring
Responsible for evaluation and monitoring of development program, including reporting regularly to the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee.
H. Other duties
As needed and assigned by Executive Director.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, 3 writing samples, and 3 references to:
Tammy L. Hanks, Ph.D., Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org