Development SupervisorCompany: The City of Frederick
Date Posted: March 13, 2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accomplishes Office of Special Events paid and unpaid staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Administers the non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Celebrate Frederick,
- Monitors expenses for Office of Special Events and Celebrate Frederick by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances in coordination with the Celebrate Frederick Finance Committee
- Develops, maintains, and supports a strong Board of Directors for Celebrate Frederick
- Serves as liaison to the Mayor, Board of Alderman, and other City departments and between the City and Celebrate Frederick
- Provides quality service by promoting quality and customer service standards and developing and administering OSE policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by providing leadership for event planning and logistics surrounding all Celebrate Frederick events
- Hires, trains, assigns work, sets work schedules, measures performance, and motivates OSE staff and event volunteers
- Operates a motor vehicle on a regular basis observing legal and defensive driving practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops and executes annual fundraising strategies and supports major fundraising programs for a large sustained base of annual corporate sponsors and individual donors in coordination with Celebrate Frederick Fundraising Committee
- Secures financial support from individuals, foundations and corporate sponsors for Celebrate Frederick
- Develops and nurtures ongoing relationships with donors, foundations and corporate sponsors for Celebrate Frederick
- Develops and tracks proposals and reports for all individual, foundation and corporate fundraising for Celebrate Frederick
- Pursues grant opportunities to secure non-sponsorship related revenue.
Marketing and Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes annual marketing plan and strategies in coordination with Celebrate Frederick Marketing Committee
- Maintains overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity, further communicating this to groups, civic organizations and the community
- Creates, implements and manages media campaign, including online, radio and print marketing
- Creates, implements and manages public relations, e-newsletter and social media promotional marketing
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of marketing communications
- Manages strategic marketing partners and design agency relationships
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Non Profit Management, Marketing, Communications or a related field from an accredited institution, or equivalent in coursework and/or 5 years of work experience where the primary functions were the implementation and management of a nonprofit or special events organization.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES:
- Driver's license in good standing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management
- Prior experience in fundraising, event and volunteer management
SKILLS (Communication/Language; Mathematical; Computer; etc.):
- Strong ability to organize work, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, manage multiple competing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build rapport with volunteers and customers
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Equal Opportunity Employer
There are a wide variety of benefits available to The City of Frederick employees. These benefits include: health, dental, vision, life insurance, optional life and disability insurance plans, flexible spending account, 457 Plan, retirement plan, and employee assistance program. For additional information on the benefits available to The City of Frederick employees visit our benefits webpage at http://www.cityoffrederick.com/index.aspx?nid=204 .
SALARY: Grade 9, $19.9164 - $37.1980 per hour