Director of Fund Development, Marketing and CommunicationsCompany: CODE
Date Posted: April 16, 2018
CAN YOUR IDEAS PROPEL US FORWARD...NOW AND INTO THE FUTURE?
CODE is seeking a high energy Director of Fund Development, Marketing and Communications to take the reins and lead our fund development, marketing and communications to new heights. The Director is expected to achieve the following outcomes:
- A financial development strategy and execution of a plan that provides support to a wide range of CODE programs and services;
- Execution of a marketing and communications strategy and plan that effectively delivers key messages and information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders, clarifying and sharing the work of CODE.
Internally, the role works as a part of the Senior Management Team and supports and participates in CODE’s governance processes and outcomes. The Director will engage and inspire staff and volunteer excellence and professionalism and ensure the right team is on board to achieve yearly growth of the fundraising resource to support CODE’s work in literacy. The Director fosters a work environment that is major gift focused, national in scope, innovative and accountable.
Externally, the Director is expected to be in the forefront representing CODE to relevant audiences and stakeholders. This includes managing relationships with prospective donors and partners, foundations and funders.
- Serves as the CODE’s principle development officer responsible for establishing meaningful links with major individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
- Cultivates and nurtures relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors and individual donors.
- Is responsible for fundraising planning, implementation and reporting.
- Recruits, trains and motivates a high performing fundraising staff.
- Brings structure and innovation to the design and implementation of CODE fundraising programs.
- Provides fundraising expertise and training to CODE Board members and staff.
- Provides leadership in the development of fund raising, marketing and communications initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director serves as the spokesperson for CODE fundraising initiatives.
- Serves as the principle liaison between fundraising and CODE’s management group.
This is an opportunity for strategic oversight and management of both a fundraising and marketing and communications portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for international development and a need to succeed.
- A commitment to CODE’s values, vision and direction.
- Experience working with and providing fundraising leadership to Boards.
- Fluency in both official languages of Canada (preferred).
- Major and planned giving experience; the demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and manage new accounts
- Thorough understanding of all components of annual giving and experience in managing a diversified funding base
- A track record of achieving revenue targets
- Capital Campaign experience
- An enthusiastic proven fundraising professional with a relevant undergraduate degree combined with a minimum 8 years as a senior fundraising executive.
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds, both annual and major gifts, from foundations, corporations, governments and individual donors and successful implementation of short and long term financial and operational objectives.
- Experience managing the marketing and communications portfolio at a strategic level.
- A proven leader with experience managing and growing staff giving them autonomy and support.
- An excellent relationship manager who builds trust and collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and written skills. Capacity to speak and write in a compelling manner and to tailor messages to the various stakeholder groups.
- Is a strategic, innovative and results oriented thinker.
- Ability to work with leadership volunteers and Board members and mobilize and integrate their aspirations into the corporate plan.
- Computer literate and experience with donor database management (Raiser’s Edge);
- Highly organized, manages well under pressure with competing interests.
- Decisive and strong.
CODE provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
Deadline for applications: May 7, 2018
To apply, visit: https://code.ngo/career/director-fund-development-marketing-comms
For more information, visit: www.code.ngo